Thursday, January 30, 2020

This Unknowing

The Skeptic

Knowing I don’t know

Unknowing all I know

Living the questions

Loving the mystery

Being Free


There is no authentic knowing outside of the context 
of direct experience and relationships.

We say we know… but we don’t. How can we?
We are nothing more or less than human.


Why so afraid of not knowing?
Why so afraid of mystery?
Why so afraid of reality?


Reality shows us
When we pay attention
That we are limited


That we cannot know
That nothing is for sure
That there is no certainty


The closest we can come 
to knowing anything and nothing
Is unknowing and unlearning the illusion, 
Unraveling it all and letting go.

Letting go of the stories in our heads, those voices
that give us comfort, security, and certainty.
Letting go of those dramas, myths, and beliefs.


Letting go of knowing
Letting go of rightness
Letting go of dogma
Letting go of certainty



This is the very essence
The first step out of illusion
The first step toward reality


Forever wanting to know all things
Forever wanting to be more than I am
Forever seeking and seeking for more and more


Never satisfied
Never content
Never at peace


Being who I truly am
Unlearning what I’ve been told
Relearning what I already know 
Be Here Now. Be Now Here 


Taking my place in this universe
Taking my place in this world
Taking my place as a human being

Nothing more
Nothing less
Nothing but me


Free from propaganda
Free from expectations
Free from agendas


Free to be
Free to be here
Free to be here now
Free to be now here



For those who believe in God, 
most of the big questions are answered. 

But for those of us who can’t 
readily accept the God formula, 
the big answers don’t remain stone-written. 

We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable.

Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. 

We are here to unlearn the teachings 
of the church, state, and our educational system. 

We are here to drink beer. 
We are here to kill war. 

We are here to laugh at the odds 
and live our lives so well 
that Death will tremble to take us. 
(Charles Bukowski)

“If I loose my grip, will I take flight?” (Cockburn)

“We must be willing to get rid
 of the life we’ve planned
 so as to have the life
 that is waiting for us.”
(Joseph Campbell)

“And then came human beings;
humans wanted to cling but
there was nothing to cling to.”


“Man is the only creature who refuses
 to be what he is.”


“Live to the point of tears.”
(Albert Camus)


“The soul does not grow by addition but by subtraction.”
(Meister Eckhart)




No comments:

Post a Comment